As you participate in the pop-up, Historic Dupont Circle Main Streets want to ensure a commitment to a safe and healthy event. We require additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, customers, and volunteers from the spread of COVID-19. As part of those efforts, we are implementing a Social Distancing Policy. Please read this policy carefully.
Importance of Social Distancing
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has found that one of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of COVID-19 is limiting face-to-face contact with others, known as social distancing or physical distancing. The Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) similarly recommends increased social distancing when preparing workplaces to respond to COVID-19. This Social Distancing Policy is a key part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Although knowledge about the virus and how it spreads are evolving, based on the information we have now, these measures will help curb its spread. Compliance with this policy is essential because current consensus on the virus suggests, among other things, that:
- COVID-19 is contagious.
- COVID-19 spreads mostly among people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet, or two arms’ lengths) for a prolonged time period (between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on the distance).
- The virus generally spreads when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, and droplets from their mouth or nose get in the air and land in the mouths or noses of nearby people.
- A person who has the virus may not have any symptoms but may still spread COVID-19.
- A person can get COVID-19 by touching another person, such as with a handshake, or by touching another surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes.
- The virus can live on surfaces for up to several days, depending on the surface and other conditions. For these reasons, the CDC and other public health experts have recommended limiting contact with other people and common surfaces to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We need your full cooperation and compliance with these measures to make them effective in this new work environment.
Social Distancing Measures
Following the CDC’s guidance, HDCMS requires that you comply with the following protocols and procedures while participating in the Pop-up.
- You must wear a face mask at all times.
- Customers must wear a face mask at all times.
- Ask or post “do not touch” merchandise.
- Have hand sanitizer on site for your booth
- Maintain a six-foot distance from others when crossing paths or walking near others’ tables or booths. Observe all space markings and traffic flow directions.
- Six-foot distance reminders on floors or walls in locations where employees traditionally have gathered or may need to wait for entrance to a space or for equipment use.
- Do not shake hands or greet others in any manner that requires physical contact (such as fist or elbow bumps).
- Use disposable gloves when using shared equipment.
- Disinfect equipment with wipes before and after each use on all touch surfaces.
- Be flexible. Adhere to new guidelines as they emerge, as this issue is new and evolving. Public health guidelines and restrictions and business and industry best practices regarding COVID-19 are changing rapidly as new information becomes available and further research is conducted.
HDCMS reserves the right to modify this policy at any time in its sole discretion to adapt to changing circumstances and business needs, consistent with its commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace. Failure to comply with these social distancing measures may result in discipline, up to and including ejection from the event. If you witness or become aware of any vendors or customers or other individuals violating this policy, you must report them to the Festival Director immediately. HDCMS prohibits any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for reporting a violation of this policy or any other health and safety concern.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or if you have questions about health and safety that are not addressed in this policy, please contact the Festival Director.
Have a great pop-up event!
Bill McLeod, Executive Director